Monday, November 9, 2015

Soap Carving Changes

 
Subtractive: Using a plastic knife I cut the soap carving into different pieces.

 
Subtractive: I place the cut pieces of soap onto wax paper and placed it in the microwave for two minutes.

 
Additive: Once they cooled off, I molded the soaps into different organic shapes and placed tooth picks in the center of the soap.
 
 
Additive: I added food coloring to the tips of the tooth pick and the areas that had interesting textures.

 
Subtractive: I used a hammer to flatten out a few places on the soap pieces.

 
Additive: I added and wrapped string around each individual piece.

 
Additive: Using the left over shavings of the soap carving project, I coated each individual piece with those shavings.
 
 
Subtractive: I left the pieces in the freezer over night, for almost twelve hours.
 
In process pictures:






 
 
 
Professional Photos:





No comments:

Post a Comment