Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Body Happening


 
 
Professional Photos:



In Process Photos:








 
This project was inspired by:
 
 
Rebecca Horn, "Cocoon"
 
 
"Batman: Arkham City" video game - Azrael's Cape
 
 
Disney's Pocahontas - "Colors of the Wind"

Artist Statement:
           For this project we were asked to create something that had to be worn be a person and have a certain 'happening' to display the piece. I choose to use paper, string, a headband and clear tape and have the 'happening' be moves with the wind. The reason why I choose this 'happening' was to express how one feels in the state of calmness and gracefulness one has when moving against the wind.  This piece was inspired mostly by Disney's Pocahontas during the scenes when she is one with nature and I wanted to express it my own way on how I feel towards the wind. I choose have an all white clothing as well as background to emphasize the lines and shadows seen in the video. I also thought that having too much color would distract from those line and shadows.Special thanks to my model, Amiana Adler, for being super cooperative and helpful through this crazy piece and as well as the suggestions for movements with the wind.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment